1. Name of the Project: “Establishment of DNA clubs in selected school among four districts of Tripura state.”
2. Project Period: 3 (Three) years
3. Sanctioned amount: Rs. 64.08 lakhs
4. Amount received: 38.36 lakhs
5. Source of fund: Deptt. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
6. Objective of the project:
1.To generate awareness among school children for contemporary biotechnology and natural resources.
2.To enhance understanding among students about the immense value of biological diversity of our country, the importance of locally available bioresearches, their sustainable use and conservation.
3.To equip them with relevant skills for bioresearches conservation
4.To familiarize students with scientific and technological issues related to biotechnology.
5.To provide students with experimental learning opportunity.
6.To create opportunities for hands on experiences in the field at the school level.
7.To organize field trips to National Institute and National Biological Parks of the country.
8.To facilitate interaction with leading experts in the field including the core and visiting faculty at the institution.
9.To stimulate interest in pursuing carriers in science and technology
7. Target area: Different Higher Secondary Schools of Tripura.
8. Number of students involved: 4000 students.
9 Current Status:
(i) 27nos DNA Club have been set up in 27 nos School.(List of the schools enclosed at Annexure-I)
(ii) 27 (Twenty seven) Teacher Coordinators of 27 selected schools have been trained at TERI, Guwahati, NE Regional Centre.
(iii) 17 Nos. Computer, 170 Nos. Compound Microscope, 17 Nos. Chemical Balance with weight box, 17 Nos. Herbarium press lab model, 17 Nos. Herbarium press field model, 17 Nos. Magnifying lens ,17 Nos. Binocular , Herbariumsheet cabinet, 17 nos. Dissecting instruments box ,51 nos. Disexting microscope, 17 nos. Digital Camera , 17 nos. Refrigarator. has already been supplied to 17 selected schools of Tripura.
(iv) 5 (five) more DNA Club will be set up to the selected schools in Tripura which are approved by Hon’ble Chairman , DSTE, Govt. of Tripura.
1. Kalachera Higher Secondary School, Dharmanagar, North Tripura.
2. Ganganagar Higher Secondary School, Dharmanagar, North Tripura.
3. Algapur High School, Dharmanagar, North Tripura.
4. Bodhjung Higher Secondary School, Agartala , West Tripura .
5. Harina Girls High School, Sabroom, South Tripura
1) Ramkrishna Institute, Kailashahar.
2) Kamalpur H/S Boy’s School, Kamalpur.
3) Shishubihar H/S School, Agartala.
4) Maharani Tulshibati Girl’s School, Agartala.
5) Ramesh H/S School, Udaipur.
6) N.C. Institute, Sonamura.
7) D.N. Vidya Mandir, Dharmanagar.
8) Netaji Shubhash Vidyaniketan, Agartala.
9) vidyapit H/S School, Beloniya.
10) Sabroom H/S School, Sabroom.
11) Manu H/S School, Manu, (South Tripura)
12) Hrishamukh H/S School, Hrishamukh,(South Tripura)
13) Amarpur H/S School, Amarpur,(South Tripura)
14) Santir Bazaar H/S School, santir Bazar,(South Tripura)
15) kakraban H/s School, kakraban, (South Tripura)
16) K.B.I. H/s School, Udaipur, (Gumoti Tripura)
17) Umakanta academy, Agartala, (West Tripura)
18) Pabaichara H/S School, Kumarghat, (North Tripura)
19) Chandraipara H/S School, Ambassa,(Dhalai Tripura)
20) Jangalia H/S School, Bishalgarh, (West Tripura)
21) Melaghar H/S School, Melaghar, (West Tripura)
22) Ranir Bazaar Vidya Mandir, Agartala, (West Tripura)
23) Kendria Vidyalaya, Khejur Bagan, New secretariate Building, (West Tripura)
24) Holly Cross H/S School, Agartala, (West Tripura)
25) Srinath Vidya Mandir, Khowai, (Khowai Tripura)
26) Teliamura H/S School, Teliamura, (Dhalai Tripura)
27) Udaipur Girl’s H/S School, Udaipur, (Gomati Tripura)